That is fair, but the owner should compare net outcomes, not expectations alone. Reletting may involve vacancy, cleaning or repairs, advertising, screening and deposit handling, with no guarantee the replacement will report leaks early or pay as reliably. I would calculate a realistic turnover...
I would raise it modestly rather than chase the full $2,288. One vacancy period, preparation work and the uncertainty of a new tenant could consume much of that apparent gain. A reliable tenant also helps prevent small maintenance problems becoming expensive ones. Give proper notice under the...
A small update: I have narrowed the search to property management tools that can handle a New York property, which raises a new question about discounts. Are there legitimate offers through US professional bodies, associations or user communities, rather than short-lived coupon codes?
Please...
I’m considering a New York duplex priced around $1,220,000 and building a checklist before replying. I already have transfer tax, legal or notary costs, and registration fees on it, but the ownership structure and recurring charges are less clear.
What costs or complications tend to appear...