With a possible move in five to seven years, I would not treat equity alone as the deciding factor. Work out the unrecoverable ownership costs over that exact period, including buying, selling, interest, maintenance and building dues, then compare them with rent. Shared-building reserves and...
I’d also avoid treating “keep plenty of cash” as a complete rule. Too little is obviously risky, but an arbitrary reserve can leave money idle while known work remains unfunded. The sensible amount depends on whether this villa will be occupied immediately, whether vacancy is expected, and what...
Congratulations. The overlooked lesson is that an accepted offer is only the start of the coordination. Someone can say matters are progressing while still waiting for another person to act.
What caused the biggest delay in your final document week: lender timing, the conveyancing work, or...
The better guide will be recent completed sales, not the number of active listings. A house needing obvious work can sit for 37 days without telling you whether the seller would accept a condition-based reduction. I would compare sold prices with original asking prices, then note when any price...
I wouldn’t choose a universal required net yield. It depends on financing, alternative uses for the capital and why this particular house costs so much relative to rent.