Be careful with “total cash cost” as well. Two loans can require similar cash outlay while leaving different outstanding balances, so fees plus interest and the ending principal need to be viewed together. I would also give early repayment more weight than portability unless the lender explains...
My direct answer: proceed only if the unit still works without needing near-term appreciation. I would set thresholds for total monthly carrying cost, cash left after purchase and fit-out, and how long the unit can be held if resale is slow. Any mandatory Danish process should be confirmed...
Could the offer allow inspection while limiting your right to withdraw to findings above an agreed cost or to specified categories? Whether that wording works in Denmark needs checking with the appropriate local adviser, but it may be more meaningful than the vague phrase “structural contingency.”
That’s fair. I wouldn’t use one citywide 28-day figure without splitting the sample further. A useful next pass would group by neighbourhood, condition and occupancy status, then mark reductions and withdrawals separately. I still think rental regulation is worth tracking, but not as the default...
Completed deals should help, but they will describe an earlier market because the sale becomes visible after the buyer was actually found. I’d separate three groups: completed, still advertised, and withdrawn. Otherwise quick sales vanish from the active sample while stale listings dominate it...