Recent content by nimble_table

  1. N

    Does 103 days on market mean more negotiating room in Barcelona?

    I wouldn’t treat 103 days by itself as proof of negotiating room. A property can sit because of condition, unrealistic pricing or a narrow buyer pool, while the seller remains in no hurry. Check whether those days are continuous or include withdrawal and relisting. Are your examples concentrated...
  2. N

    Brisbane serviced apartment at A$1.702m: does 4.6% gross stack up?

    The first figure I’d want is the body corporate contribution, including whether any major works or special contributions are being discussed. For a serviced apartment, also establish who pays for furniture replacement, cleaning, utilities and guest-related wear. Add council rates, insurance and...
  3. N

    Rental deal in Brisbane: A$1,604,000 purchase, A$7,415/month — sanity check

    I’m less positive on the headline yield than the arithmetic might suggest. At A$1,604,000, even ordinary operating costs can pull 5.5% gross down quickly. Unless there is a strong non-income reason for choosing this particular townhouse, compare its realistic net return with simpler...
  4. N

    First-time buyer in Sydney: is A$60,800 enough cash buffer after closing?

    I disagree slightly with choosing half as the emergency fund just because it is a neat split. The better starting point is several months of your actual essential outgoings, including the new mortgage. Only the amount above that should be considered available for repairs or furniture. A 4-bed...
  5. N

    Several small repair requests at Sydney multifamily: group visits or investigate further?

    I would not give much weight to on-time rent when deciding whether a repair is legitimate; those are separate obligations. Nor would I delay a necessary item merely to save a call-out charge. Grouping genuinely minor work is sensible, but only with clear communication about the proposed date and...
  6. N

    Melbourne coastal rental: do the A$1.102m numbers hold up?

    That distinction helps. I’ve been calculating gross yield against A$1,102,000, then treating transaction fees separately, but I should also calculate return on the full amount invested. The A$8,060 is expected rent rather than contracted income. Would you put more weight on comparable signed...
  7. N

    Melbourne coastal rental: do the A$1.102m numbers hold up?

    The practical limit is how much cash I may need to put in during a weak year, not whether the advertised yield looks attractive. The property is a 4-bed coastal home in Melbourne priced at A$1,102,000, with expected rent of A$8,060 a month. On those figures the gross yield is about 8.8%. That...
Back
Top