Recent content by ModernPath

  1. M

    Is 2% below asking reasonable for this $1.445m New York home?

    So far it has only been framed as what another buyer “will” do, not confirmation of a written offer. I also don’t know the seller’s motivation or preferred completion date, so I’ll ask about both rather than assuming price is everything. The updates appear mostly visible, but I’m not...
  2. M

    Is 2% below asking reasonable for this $1.445m New York home?

    I can offer close to asking and protect the deal, or bid lower and risk losing a house that may have real competition. Neither feels comfortable after only 12 days on the market. The detached four-bedroom is listed at $1,445,000 and requires updating. I am considering $1,416,100, which is 2%...
  3. M

    Austin studios: does the 2.7% movement reflect condition more than demand?

    You could then divide the results into four small groups: renovated and priced well, renovated and priced high, dated and priced well, dated and priced high. If long marketing times concentrate in the overpriced groups, headline demand may matter less than starting strategy.
  4. M

    First New York apartment purchase complete — lessons from the offers that failed

    Emma and hedwards, I cannot reduce the document delay to one dramatic problem. The useful lesson was that I did not have a clear enough view of the handoffs. By the later stages, I was asking who had the next action and when I should follow up rather than just asking for a general update. The...
  5. M

    First New York apartment purchase complete — lessons from the offers that failed

    The apartment has closed. My main concern now is how close I came to using cash that was better kept for the first weeks of ownership. Several New York offers failed before this one succeeded, and the final document week took longer than I had planned for. I learned to treat the offer price as...
  6. M

    Bengaluru inventory shifted in March 2026 — what are you seeing after 11 days?

    I’ve checked the March 2026 Bengaluru sample by presentation and condition, but it is still unclear whether the early result reflects demand or just the properties included. Better-presented small multifamily listings appear to move in about 11 days, and the difference between asking and...
Back
Top