Recent content by mara_rain

  1. M

    How much is tenant reliability worth when reviewing Dubai condo rent?

    Also compare the downside of turnover beyond vacancy. You may need a condition inspection, cleaning or repairs, viewings and careful deposit handling under the contract and local requirements. If the tenant leaves, document the condo’s condition properly rather than treating the deposit as an...
  2. M

    Offering 5% below asking on a mixed-use building in Lisbon — sensible or too aggressive?

    I would not price detailed works before you have evidence. Base the opening amount on the building’s present condition and the weak completed-sales picture, then state that it remains subject to inspection. If material problems emerge, you can seek a credit, revise the price or leave if the...
  3. M

    Offering 5% below asking on a mixed-use building in Lisbon — sensible or too aggressive?

    Five percent below is about €1,031,700, which does not strike me as an insulting opening in those circumstances. Keep the explanation short: condition, limited evidence from completed comparables, and your ability to proceed cleanly. Avoid presenting a long list of defects as though you are...
  4. M

    Dubai’s December 2024 inventory shift: seasonality or buyer selectivity?

    I’m not convinced seasonality should be the default explanation. Condition can become more important when buyers have more alternatives, even if headline prices barely change. The useful test is whether renovated and unrenovated homes within the same neighbourhood diverged in both selling time...
  5. M

    Can Dubai studios at AED 3,303,000 cash-flow with finance at 7.53%?

    I have modelled several completed Dubai studios priced around AED 3,303,000, and they all turn cash-flow negative once I include vacancy, management, maintenance reserves, insurance and finance at 7.53%. Tenant turnover makes the result worse. Are buyers accepting weak current returns, using...
  6. M

    Taking on mortgage broking work around Dubai

    I’ve already looked at the broad mortgage options for Dubai purchases, but the right route usually remains unclear until the transaction type, timing and likely complications are known. I assist with both purchase and refinancing enquiries. Before any work proceeds, I set down in writing what I...
Back
Top