I am torn between protecting most of the cash as a household reserve and earmarking more of it for early work on the property. This is a 4-bed country home around Seoul at approximately ₩1,173,000,000, and the current estimate leaves ₩40,020,000 available once the deposit and closing expenses...
I’m not convinced freshness is the biggest risk here. For a remote search, inconsistent floor area and an inaccurate or approximate map pin could distort the shortlist before you even contact anyone. Flood information is helpful, but it needs to correspond to the actual address. I would request...
A rejection does not tell you to increase the price unless you know why the seller declined. They may have favoured another buyer’s timing or conditions even if the amount was similar.
I would log the bid, deposit terms, conditions and proposed completion date, then ask for whatever feedback is...
I can either accept quotes with different exclusions or delay the appointment until every bid follows the same schedule, and neither option feels comfortable. The overall project figure is ₩1366,000,000, including a preliminary renovation allowance of ₩497,700,000 for 190 m² of student housing...
Will you occupy it or rent it out? That changes the comparison considerably. Tenant demand may reduce vacancy risk for one property, while owner occupation makes noise, light, commercial activity and control over repairs more important. I’d also want to know whether the townhouse is fully...
Also consider which costs continue during illness or unemployment. Mortgage and service charges do not pause merely because the boiler happens to be working.
If the mortgage terms or expected payment change before completion, run the affordability calculation again. The original buffer plan should not remain fixed while its inputs move.
Keep the near-term reserve accessible in the currency in which these bills will be paid. Avoid creating an unnecessary timing problem between an urgent invoice and access to your own cash.
That shared-work point is the biggest caveat to the roof example. Your personal repair pot and the building’s arrangements are different, but both can affect how much liquid cash feels safe.