Does the €35,880 calculation already allow for the first mortgage payment, the timing of service charges and your insurance excess? Those can matter more than a vague furniture allowance.
I’d also ask the inspector to separate findings into urgent, near-term and cosmetic items. Then get prices...
The five bedrooms are the part I would examine hardest. Is €4,430 based on renting the whole apartment under one arrangement, or on income associated with individual rooms? Those create different vacancy and turnover patterns. A single vacancy assumption may be misleading if the actual operating...
I’d ask for historical records from the property rather than relying entirely on broad allowances: prior rent, gaps between leases, maintenance contributions and significant unit repairs. Past performance will not settle the future, but it can expose whether the current assumptions are unusually...
Ask for the estimate to be divided into four columns: purchase, annual ownership, eventual sale and inheritance. Otherwise future tax questions tend to get mixed into the cash needed at completion. For the first column, request separate figures for transfer tax, every notarial step and each...
I’m comparing my current rental with a similar Berlin apartment priced around €1,228,000. Once I include the mortgage, purchase taxes and costs, maintenance and association dues, owning is substantially more expensive each month. It would build equity, but I may move in five to seven years.
How...
The negotiation case can be framed without forecasting the market: use the verified annual rent and the net yield you require, then work backward to a price. Add acquisition costs afterward when checking the return on total cash.
I would be even more cautious: new-build asking prices and completed-sale prices answer different questions. A developer can leave an asking price unchanged while adjusting other terms, so 93 days on market does not by itself show either demand or the eventual sale value. A neighbourhood split...
Has the price been tested against the income rather than accepted as a fixed input? If the verified rent or owner costs are worse than advertised, the logical response may be a lower offer, not a more optimistic required yield.
And do not count the repair reserve as profit merely because it remains unspent in year one. Cash flow may look comfortable until several years of deferred costs arrive together. I’d run a normal year, a turnover year and a major-building-cost year. The deal should not require every year to...
That split is essential. €3,379 multiplied by 12 is €40,548, which supports the 7.8% headline figure, but gross yield says very little if the number includes utilities or other pass-through charges. I would not choose a target net yield until you have annual owner-paid condo costs, insurance...
I’m less convinced that a blanket 20% reserve solves the problem. If “electrical checks” later becomes substantial rewiring, or moderate energy upgrades are still undefined, those are unpriced scope rather than contingency. Split the budget into confirmed work, provisional allowances and genuine...
A practical reading order could be: local market discussions, completed-price methodology, transaction-cost threads, then mortgage and legal checklists. After that, build one sample duplex model using conservative assumptions and post the unclear inputs here. For cross-market comparisons, keep...
Financing deserves its own column. A property can attract interest but lose buyers if their budget no longer works or if the building makes financing less straightforward. That would produce long visibility without proving the asking price is wildly wrong.
For photography, pin down the deliverables. How many finished images are included? Are a floor plan, retouching, reshoots or changes after your approval included or separately charged? Who selects the lead image, and how quickly can the listing be amended? Two proposals can both say...
A shared, dated list would help, but I disagree with the idea that one participant necessarily has to own the whole process. Each party may only be able to confirm its own requirements and deliveries. The buyer can still keep a simple tracker: document requested, person expected to provide it...