Getting the occupancy or insurance assumptions wrong could turn this from a reasonable rental into an expensive hold. The property is a 5-bed coastal home in Tokyo priced at ¥164,500,000, with projected rent of ¥970,700 a month. That supports the quoted 7.1% gross yield, but not necessarily the...
I wouldn’t divide it by percentages. First ring-fence an emergency fund based on your actual monthly spending, then list every known purchase cost separately: moving, first mortgage payment, insurance, and urgent work. Furniture comes last apart from essentials.
At this price, ¥3,978,000 could...
I would like the ¥106,300,000 asking price to be supportable, but the evidence is too thin for comfort. This is a Tokyo serviced apartment with four beds in about 45 m², average condition, good light and a strong location. The finishes are dated, and the likely property tax and operating costs...
Visible, yes, but I would avoid calling it a discount that can be withdrawn. That wording may sound temporary or punitive. Better to describe the proposed rent as reflecting both current comparisons and the established tenancy.
If the wrong target price leaves you unable to handle a job that appears just after handover, a reassuring inspection will not repair the budget. I would decide first on a cash floor that remains untouched, then see whether what is left can cover moving and a separate allowance for the property...