For the Zurich move itself, get written figures rather than relying on a broad allowance: removal company, cleaning or disposal if relevant, small installations and anything needed immediately. Individually minor items can erode the reserve quickly. I would also confirm when the first mortgage...
One further caveat: “no extension” does not automatically mean no structural work. Altered layouts, weakened floors or discoveries after opening up can still create it. I’d obtain comparable itemised quotes using the same written scope and make an exclusions table. Include permit timing, utility...
Twenty-one days by itself is too thin to establish a shift. I’d compare recent completed sales with asking prices, then note which listings were withdrawn rather than sold. Condition and tightly drawn neighbourhood boundaries could easily explain much of that price range. I would also compare...
Agreed that the CHF 105,400 figure is only comparable once all bidders price the same boundaries. I would issue a room-by-room list showing what stays, what is replaced and who repairs surfaces after electrical or plumbing access.
That is roughly CHF 680 per m² across several trades, so I would treat it as tight unless the scope is unusually clear. My preliminary contingency would be 15–20%, kept outside the trade budgets until the electrical, plumbing and moisture unknowns have been investigated.
Nine percent below is roughly S$317,000, which is a defensible opening rather than an insult if you keep the explanation factual. Point to the 97 days, updating required and limited completed-sale evidence; don’t criticise the condo. Include financing proof and your completion flexibility as...
I would treat it as a filter until the likely exposure can be estimated. A buyer cannot sensibly negotiate against an undefined future cost. If upcoming work, current funds and the owner’s share are reasonably clear, then it becomes a price discussion. If those details remain vague, moving on is...
I’d also be cautious about reading “more listings” as broadly weaker demand. If the extra volume is mostly compromised stock, the limited number you would buy may still attract buyers quickly. Financing can create another split: a motivated seller and a buyer ready to proceed may complete while...
Condition may explain more than rental regulation. Two warehouses at similar asking prices can appeal to very different buyers if one needs substantial work or has limited practical use. Are you recording price reductions from the original ask, or only the current advertised price?
Your normal monthly outgoings set the minimum reserve before the apartment costs are considered. CHF 19,360 may cover a long runway or only a short one, depending on that figure.
Next, list the due dates for the first mortgage payment, service charges, moving bills and insurance excess. Keep...