Recent content by loft.real

  1. L

    Contingency and hidden risks for an 80 m² Seoul condo renovation

    I’d build the programme backwards from the items with uncertain lead times. Confirm selections early enough to know dimensions and service requirements, but don’t release every finish order before demolition exposes the actual conditions. A sensible sequence to discuss with bidders is...
  2. L

    Offering 12% below asking on a serviced apartment in Seoul — sensible or too aggressive?

    Before submitting, write down three limits: maximum purchase price, maximum appraisal gap you could cover, and maximum deposit exposure if financing fails. Then have the contract wording checked locally so the financing, inspection, deadline and deposit consequences match what you intend. A...
  3. L

    Seoul 4-bed at ₩1.725bn and ₩10.26m monthly rent: does it stack up?

    One caveat: an all-cash net yield and a financed cash-on-cash return answer different questions. Before deciding, get written estimates for insurance, taxes, management and likely tenant-change work, then model zero, one and several vacant months. If the deal only looks attractive in the...
  4. L

    Seoul serviced apartments: is 110 days a real market signal?

    The listings still online will naturally contain more stubborn properties, so 110 days may describe the unsold remainder rather than normal selling time. I would compare recent completed sales, withdrawn listings and active stock separately. Otherwise, an overpriced unit that sits indefinitely...
  5. L

    Seoul studio: is a separate sewer scope worth adding?

    That distinction is exactly what I haven’t established yet. I was treating everything beyond the studio as one line, but I need the seller or building management to explain which section is attached to the unit and who pays if it fails. I’ll also ask the inspector to flag drainage symptoms. If...
  6. L

    Sydney first home: is A$56,240 enough cash left after settlement?

    What furniture do you already own, and will all four bedrooms be occupied immediately? That missing fact could shift the answer by a lot. An empty guest room can wait; a child’s room or required home-working space may not.
  7. L

    Seoul studio: is a separate sewer scope worth adding?

    Getting this wrong could mean facing a major drain repair just as the first mortgage payment and other immediate jobs fall due. The property is an older 55 m² studio in Seoul, priced at about ₩531,300,000, and the general inspection does not cover the line serving it. I have been quoted...
Back
Top