Also separate the opening discount from later repair requests. If the 3% already assumes obvious cosmetic updating, do not seek another credit for the same items. Reserve inspection discussions for material issues that were not apparent when you offered.
Yes, stock flow matters. New listings can lower the current average, while withdrawals can remove the longest cases. Neither movement necessarily means properties are selling faster.
Agreed. Individual rows would also show whether price cuts occurred early or only after a long wait, which is more informative than the final 38-day figure.
Financing and condition should be considered together. A lower asking price does not necessarily widen demand if the property’s circumstances make the purchase more difficult for some buyers.
A simple table could carry this without overcomplication: neighbourhood, original list date, original and current price, first reduction date, condition, current status and completion date where available. Then calculate active age and completed-sale time separately.
A cohort approach would help: group properties first listed during the same period, then record whether each completed, remained available or was withdrawn. That avoids mixing a fresh listing with one that has already sat through several price changes.
I need to choose between financing quotes soon, and the cheapest advertised rate is not producing the lowest two-year cost. One offer is fixed at 5.76% for two years on a New York purchase of about $1,245,000; fees and the applicable loan-to-value band make the comparison less obvious.
Would...
Stronger financing proof helps, but it is only a snapshot. A buyer can have a credible approval and still run into trouble later. I’d compare lender readiness, contingency terms, down payment and timing rather than treating one letter as decisive.
The practical problem is deciding whether to spend time on stale listings or wait for better stock. I am following New York properties presented as studios between $1,084,000 and $1,626,000. The snapshot indicates a 6.3% move and about 71 days on market, although those figures may be grouping...
Ravi’s point about definition matters, but 47 days also needs unpacking. Withdrawn and relisted stock can make the visible marketing period look shorter, while a price cut around week six may produce the opposite impression.
I’d separate vacant homes from tenant-occupied ones, then compare...
I’m deciding whether this is robust enough to publish as a preliminary March 2026 community snapshot for New York studios. Current indications are 70 days on market, asking-price movement of -5.7%, and visible financing sensitivity around $910,000. These are discussion inputs, not an official...
Start with the listing import into the core property record. If address, price, status and documents flow from there into scheduling and updates, that removes several chances to retype or mismatch information. I would measure time per listing before and after, but also count corrections. A fast...
The appraisal gap deserves its own decision. If valuation comes in below the contract price, how much extra cash would you willingly contribute? Set that ceiling before offering. Otherwise a seemingly modest negotiation over $37,200 can turn into a much larger cash decision later.
I’d slightly disagree with starting too deeply in market data. Small multifamily properties can differ substantially in condition, renovation needs and management burden, so a neat price comparison may create false confidence. I’d read property-management and renovation threads alongside the...
The unglamorous answer is one shared timeline: action, named person, expected date and what depends on it. “Documents are progressing” is too vague when a lender, completion and movers all affect one another.
I’d also split the buffer into building costs, moving costs and unexpected fees...