Is the MX$576,000 figure after every known upfront payment, or only the deposit and estimated closing costs? In particular, confirm whether the first mortgage payment, insurance, initial service charges and utility setup are already included. Also, does the duplex sit within a building where a...
Exactly. The relevant comparison is the likely net outcome after vacancy, preparation and reletting—not the largest number visible in an advert. I would also test whether the advertised homes have been sitting unsold for a while, if that information is available.
How are you treating listings that disappear and then return? A visible period of 108 days can understate total marketing time if the advert was withdrawn or refreshed. I’d keep separate dates for first seen, each price reduction, disappearance and reappearance. That would also show whether...
That should make it more useful, but completed sales still need to be as similar as possible in condition and setting. Seller motivation is mostly invisible, so a withdrawal should not automatically be treated as a failed sale. For flood risk, flag the exact properties needing further...
I agree on excluding a hoped-for refinance, but affordability alone is not enough. How long might you keep the property? If the likely holding period is short, early-repayment costs, selling costs and portability may matter more than a modest rate change.
I’d request the full loan terms...