Recent content by key.patient

  1. K

    Boston first home: is $17,000 enough cash to keep after closing?

    Aya’s staged approach is sensible, but I would set a firmer minimum reserve before committing. With a $585,000 coastal home, the remaining $17,000 could shrink quickly if moving costs, the insurance excess and a major repair arrive together. Furniture, by contrast, can wait. I’d price the move...
  2. K

    How would you value this Toronto townhouse with only one completed comparable?

    Noor’s tenure question is crucial. “Lease length” is relevant only if there is actually a leasehold interest or another time-limited right involved. If this is ordinary freehold or condominium ownership, don’t force leasehold-style analysis onto it; confirm the legal form first.
  3. K

    Warehouse versus villa in Toronto: the real ownership trade-offs?

    I’d push back on treating resale liquidity as an inherent advantage of either type. It depends on how many future buyers can use the property without major changes. For the warehouse, confirm the permitted and practical uses, access and servicing. For the villa, compare likely owner-occupier and...
Back
Top