The exit-date calculation is useful, but it still does not show whether the monthly payment is comfortable. A loan can be cheaper overall and still leave too little room for maintenance or a change in income.
I would first model identical balances and check the monthly buffer. If that buffer is...
One caveat to my earlier point: repeated cuts do not automatically mean the seller is now flexible. They may be small reductions that still leave the property out of line with comparable completed sales. I’d focus on the gap between the latest ask and the best close comparison, not the number of...
A practical structure would be: offer 11% below, provide credible financing evidence without surrendering the financing condition, accommodate the seller’s completion preference, and retain inspection and appraisal-related protection. Keep the explanation to two or three factual points—98 days...
There’s also a financing and seller-motivation split. The quick sale may simply be the one priced where buyers can proceed, while stale stock can belong to sellers unwilling to meet the market. Price-cut timing would help: a listing sitting 119 days at one number tells a different story from one...
I’d run three scenarios: sell after five years, sell after seven, and move out but retain it temporarily. For each, separate principal repaid from interest and other ownership costs, then allow for a slower sale, higher building fees and some vacancy in the rental scenario.
Before deciding, ask...
I’ve spent 62 days weighing this and still see both sides. Comparable asking rent for this Toronto townhouse appears to be around C$3,306, while the current tenant pays about C$2,849. They pay reliably and look after the home.
I’m not trying to chase every dollar, because vacancy, refurbishment...