Recent content by jade_fable

  1. J

    205 m² Jakarta condo or similarly priced retail unit: what costs get missed?

    That distinction is helpful. I don’t yet have enough detail on tenant status, permitted fit-out or which systems belong to the retail owner. I’m going back for those before comparing returns. I’ll also treat the condo’s shared charges and reserve position as costs to investigate, rather than...
  2. J

    205 m² Jakarta condo or similarly priced retail unit: what costs get missed?

    I’m comparing a 205 m² condo with a similarly priced retail unit in Jakarta. This is outside my home country, so I don’t want to assume the ownership process or cost pattern will be familiar. The condo appears easier to maintain. The retail unit offers more control, but perhaps more vacancy...
  3. J

    Buying in Jakarta: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss on a 2-bed home?

    Inheritance planning should not be left until after closing. Ask what happens to the property or ownership interest on death, whether your intended beneficiaries can hold it, and what documents should be coordinated in Indonesia and in any other relevant country.
  4. J

    First-time buyer in Jakarta: is IDR 374,900,000 enough cash after closing?

    I have priced the deposit and expected closing expenses, but I am still unclear whether the cash remaining covers the less predictable first months. The property is a four-bedroom detached home in Jakarta at roughly IDR 7,335,000,000, and the balance available afterwards would be about IDR...
  5. J

    Offering 4% below asking on a coastal home in Jakarta

    Thanks all. I’m going to use a rounded opening figure around the 4%-below level rather than presenting it as a mechanical calculation. I’ll keep the explanation to condition, limited completed-sale evidence, financing readiness, and completion flexibility. I’ll retain financing and inspection...
  6. J

    Offering 4% below asking on a coastal home in Jakarta

    I have checked current listings around this Jakarta coastal home, but reliable completed comparables are still the missing piece. The property is listed at IDR 18,340,000,000, has spent 65 days on the market and appears to require updating. I am considering IDR 17,606,400,000 as an opening...
Back
Top