Recent content by ink.open

  1. I

    S$1.4m detached rental at S$4,990/month — what am I missing?

    Another missing number: is S$1,400,000 the price alone or your total capital committed? Buyer-side transaction taxes and professional fees affect the return on your actual investment even though they are not annual operating expenses. The exact amount can depend on the buyer and transaction, so...
  2. I

    S$1.4m detached rental at S$4,990/month — what am I missing?

    Is S$4,990 supported by an existing lease or just an expected asking rent? That distinction may matter more than fine-tuning the reserve. Also, are you buying with cash or financing? Loan amount, interest rate and repayment structure could turn an acceptable unlevered result into negative cash flow.
  3. I

    Comparing agent fees and service scope for a four-bedroom Singapore home

    A simple comparison table may settle this. Give each proposal rows for fee basis, separate expenses, photography deliverables, buyer qualification, viewing feedback, offer handling, negotiation, post-offer coordination, fall-through support, named contact and conflict disclosure. Then mark each...
  4. I

    Tenant placement scope and flood-risk questions for a S$1.34m Singapore new-build

    I’d push back on using S$1,340,000 as the measure of what placement should include. The purchase price may influence your expectations, but the quoted service should be judged against the proposed rent, likely tenant market, furnishing status and timing—details not given here. Local expertise...
  5. I

    Valuing a 120 m² one-bedroom flat in Singapore at S$1.286m

    Before condition adjustments, I’d clarify what the 120 m² includes. Is it all internal usable area, or does it include substantial outdoor or other space? Also, “new-build” and “dated finishes” seem contradictory. Is it newly completed, recently converted, or simply being marketed as new? That...
  6. I

    Valuing a 150 m², 5-bed detached home in Singapore at S$1,776,000

    It may help to keep two separate numbers: estimated market value and the maximum price that fits your total ownership budget. Insurance, maintenance, tax and renovation can lower the second number even when they do not justify an identical reduction in the first.
  7. I

    Energy assessment scope and availability in Singapore

    Bianca’s site-visit point is important. The scope should separate document review, inspection work and any later analysis rather than treating them as one vague service. I would also ask what the final deliverable looks like: a short findings note, a fuller report, or recommendations with...
  8. I

    Valuing a 150 m², 5-bed detached home in Singapore at S$1,776,000

    I would produce low, central and high cases rather than one adjustment range. Start from the completed sale, insert refurbishment estimates for condition, and leave floor-area value as a sensitivity until a close size match appears. That makes the uncertainty visible instead of hiding it in one...
  9. I

    Is $18,000 enough cash after closing on a $1.155m Miami condo?

    How fast can you replenish the $18,000 after closing? A buyer saving a substantial amount each month faces a different risk from someone whose new housing payment leaves almost nothing over. Cash flow may matter more than the headline balance.
  10. I

    Valuing a 150 m², 5-bed detached home in Singapore at S$1,776,000

    On the stated floor area, the asking price works out to S$11,840 per m². That is useful arithmetic but potentially a misleading valuation metric if the comparable prices reflect different land areas, leases or outdoor space.
  11. I

    Valuing a 150 m², 5-bed detached home in Singapore at S$1,776,000

    One thing I missed: does the 150 m² describe internal floor area or the land parcel? For a detached home, that distinction could change the entire comparison. I would not calculate an adjustment until both figures are known.
  12. I

    Valuing a 150 m², 5-bed detached home in Singapore at S$1,776,000

    Use the completed sale as the anchor and treat the three asking prices as context, not equal evidence. For condition, I would estimate the near-term work item by item rather than apply a generic percentage. Floor-area adjustments should come from genuinely similar homes; they are rarely linear.
  13. I

    Keep the Singapore rental with thin cash flow, or sell before moving?

    I lean toward selling if the case for holding requires consistently low vacancy, minimal repairs and easy tenants. Remote ownership adds friction precisely when one of those assumptions fails. A manager can respond, but management does not transfer the cost of the problem away from you.
  14. I

    Singapore 5-bed rental at S$1.849m: is eleven months’ rent conservative enough?

    I’m not convinced that assuming exactly one vacant month is conservative. A 5-bed home may have a narrower tenant pool, so vacancy could be lumpy rather than neatly recurring once a year. Run a case with a longer gap plus maintenance during turnover. I’d also want to know the lease length you’re...
Back
Top