But don’t soften it merely to seem pleasant. If roughly €597,700 is what the uncertainty and work justify to you, offer around that level politely. Antagonism usually comes from tone, artificial deadlines or demands—not simply from a buyer and seller having different views of value.
The neighbourhood boundary and condition are missing here. Two properties a short distance apart—or one needing substantial work and one ready to occupy—may have completely different outcomes despite the same bedroom count and asking range. Also, is your offer dependent on financing? A seller...
“Near Paris” may be too broad for useful matches. Which station or part of Paris do you need to reach, and what maximum journey would you accept? Also, is €538,200 strictly the purchase price or your total budget including transaction costs and initial decorating? That could materially change...
Do not trade away inspection protection just to justify the lower offer. The unknown condition is part of why you are discounting in the first place. Financing should also remain conditional if you genuinely depend on a loan, and the offer should address what happens if the lender’s valuation is...
I wouldn’t automatically pay extra for portability. It sounds attractive, but whether it helps can depend on the future property, timing and the lender approving the new situation. Unless the wording clearly explains how it works, I’d treat it as a possible benefit rather than money-equivalent...
Before I put serious time into one part of the market, I need to decide whether warehouses are worth pursuing or whether the renovation and transaction costs make them a poor fit. I’m a landlord in Paris, but this is an area I’m still learning.
I’d like to understand French market evidence...
One caveat to the reserve argument: a healthy shared-building reserve does not necessarily make the duplex safer financially. You still need to understand the scale of possible future work and whether other owners could delay decisions. With the house, the bill is entirely yours, but so is the...
The headline return looked better than I expected. Once I allowed for the full cost of buying, however, it became much less convincing.
The property is a 3-bed villa in Paris priced at €519,800, with projected rent of €3,695 a month. That gives annual rent of €44,340 and about 8.5% gross...