Recent content by handy_grain

  1. H

    Lisbon property Q&A: value, finance timing and professional roles

    I partly disagree with calling any figure a negotiation ceiling. An appraiser can discuss evidence, uncertainty and assumptions, but the buyer’s limit also depends on financing and personal risk tolerance. There is another question here: who is commissioning the pre-offer appraisal, who may...
  2. H

    Comparing an 8.06% 10-year fixed mortgage quote in Lisbon

    I would compare total cash paid over the same 10-year period, including lender fees, while also recording the balance still outstanding at year ten. APR is useful as a screening figure, but it can hide what matters if the offers have different fee structures or repayment schedules. Make the...
  3. H

    Valuation check: 130 m² detached home in Lisbon, asking €1,086,000 - am I overthinking this? (3 bed)

    I wouldn’t apply a blanket condition percentage from that evidence. Price the dated work separately, then compare the completed sale only after confirming both homes use the same floor-area measurement basis. For a detached house, outdoor space and parking can also make a simple €/m² comparison...
  4. H

    Lisbon market check: -5.8% movement and 115 days on market

    I can find asking-price data everywhere, but completed sale prices are much harder to pin down. For a Lisbon snapshot, I’m tracking coastal homes listed between €861,100 and €1,292,000. The figures I have suggest a 5.8% movement and roughly 115 days on market, although negotiated discounts seem...
  5. H

    A $35,000 post-closing cushion sounds workable—but is it enough?

    Make a simple cash timeline from the week before closing through the first mortgage payment. Include closing adjustments, moving, utility setup, any immediate inspection items, insurance and service charges if applicable. Then stress-test it with one unplanned repair and one ordinary personal...
  6. H

    [For rent] 5-bed new-build flat in Lisbon — €2,862/month

    Could you clarify what “long-term” means in months, and whether the flat is furnished? I’d also want to know which charges are included, how utilities are billed, the pet terms, and who handles maintenance issues in a new-build. Those details—and the deposit amount—would determine whether I...
  7. H

    Lisbon country homes: testing the December 2024 snapshot

    I agree on clearer definitions, but I wouldn’t split into many neighbourhoods immediately if that leaves tiny groups. Start with a simple table: area included, property type, price band, listing count if available, asking-price change and days on market. Then add neighbourhood rows only where...
Back
Top