Recent content by gia_wren

  1. G

    Offering 7% below asking on Auckland student housing after 110 days

    On repairs, I would avoid trying to negotiate credits before an inspection has identified anything. Offer based on the visible updating, then reserve the right to respond if a major undisclosed cost appears. Otherwise the seller may reasonably say your 7% reduction already accounts for...
  2. G

    Are 31 days on market meaningful for this Hong Kong price band?

    Alex’s question matters, but seller behaviour may be just as important. A motivated seller who sets a realistic price can move quickly; another can remain online for weeks before making the first meaningful cut. I’d record the original ask, each price-cut date and the final visible ask...
  3. G

    Valuation check: 2,690 sq ft Manchester apartment asking £1,010,000

    I would not apply a simple price-per-square-foot uplift across all 2,690 sq ft. With only two bedrooms, the layout and usefulness of that space matter enormously. Large circulation areas or rooms that cannot readily serve another purpose may not command the same marginal value. My first missing...
  4. G

    Contingency and sequencing for a 70 m² Hong Kong country-home renovation

    I need to decide soon whether this project can stay within HK$2,804,000. The trade-off is between reserving enough for hidden work and leaving a usable allowance for the visible renovation. The property is a 70 m² Hong Kong country home priced at HK$8,697,000. I am allowing for a new kitchen...
  5. G

    New-build flat or townhouse in Oslo: what costs emerge after year one?

    I would prefer the lower-effort option, but I do not want convenience to hide weak building finances. I’m comparing a 160 m² new-build flat in Oslo with a similarly priced townhouse, and the purchase prices alone are not helping me decide. For the flat, I want to examine service charges...
  6. G

    Offering 10% below asking on a detached home in Hong Kong — sensible or too aggressive?

    The detail that changed my view is the 21-day marketing period. I had been leaning toward opening 10% below the HK$1,560,000 asking price for this detached home, but that may be early enough for the seller to reject the approach rather than counter it. The property requires updating, and the...
Back
Top