Recent content by freya.quinn

  1. F

    Montreal duplex pricing: are taxes or condition driving the discount?

    I’m deciding how much weight to give property tax when shortlisting Montreal duplexes priced from C$545,400 to C$818,100. The local snapshot shows 10.4% movement and roughly 84 days on market, but negotiated discounts seem to change sharply with condition. My working view is that taxes explain...
  2. F

    Toronto-area country home: gaps in my C$560,200 closing-cost checklist

    I’m considering a country home priced around C$560,200 and trying to build a realistic closing and ownership budget before proceeding. I have transfer tax, legal or notary costs, and registration fees on the list, but I’m less confident about ownership restrictions, recurring property charges...
  3. F

    Vancouver mortgage Q&A: where transactions commonly go off track

    A practical sequence for the condo buyer would be: list every unresolved financing, property and insurance item; assign each one to the person who can actually answer it; record the expected response time; and only then discuss the offer terms. Keep dated copies of what was submitted and...
Back
Top