Recent content by flag.neat

  1. F

    Lyon small multifamily: is 104 days on market meaningful?

    Condition may explain more than neighbourhood supply here. A small multifamily needing substantial work can sit beside a ready-to-operate building without being a true comparable. I’d separate obvious renovation cases, occupied versus vacant configurations where known, and anything with an...
  2. F

    April 2026: are Mexico City villas taking longer to move?

    On its own, 114 days sounds more like a description of this particular group than evidence of a wider turn. I’d compare recent completed sales with the asking stock and note when price cuts happened. Also, are you using tightly defined neighbourhood boundaries? Combining nearby areas can hide...
  3. F

    Would HK$343,200 be a safe post-closing buffer for a HK$7,683,000 flat?

    I’m less reassured by the headline buffer than some replies seem to be. The purchase price is fixed, but the safety of HK$343,200 depends on income stability and monthly spending. Also, don’t automatically pay for every inspection item yourself. Record the findings and establish which items the...
  4. F

    Hong Kong property transactions: where do expectations go wrong?

    I partly disagree that same-building transactions are automatically the best evidence. They are a strong starting point, but condition, floor, outlook, layout and timing can make a superficially similar unit a poor comparison. I’d ask the agent to explain why each comparable was selected, not...
  5. F

    How much of my HK$343,200 post-closing buffer should stay untouched?

    I’m slightly less conservative about furniture. A bed, basic seating and window coverings may be genuine moving costs, not luxuries. But furnishing both bedrooms fully on day one would be easy to postpone. HK$343,200 is not automatically inadequate; it depends on monthly obligations and the...
  6. F

    Hong Kong warehouses: bid now or wait after a 3.2% fall?

    When contacting a seller, I’d ask two neutral questions: how long the unit has been continuously marketed, and whether the price has changed. The answers may not be complete, but they can expose a relisting that otherwise looks only a few days old.
  7. F

    London student housing at £659,100: building a complete purchase-cost checklist

    Valentina asked the key question about an operator. If there is one, find out whether its agreement is attached to the property, how long it runs, how fees are calculated and what happens if the unit cannot be occupied or let. Don’t assume the lease and operating arrangement are the same thing.
  8. F

    London student housing at £659,100: building a complete purchase-cost checklist

    I’d be cautious about trying to estimate transfer tax from the £659,100 price alone. The adviser needs the buyer’s residency position, existing property interests, intended use and purchasing entity before confirming the current treatment. A neat online-style calculation can conceal the...
  9. F

    Any legitimate member discounts for property management tools in Hong Kong?

    I’m comparing property management tools in Hong Kong, and the annual prices vary much more than the feature sets. Before paying list price, are there legitimate discounts through professional bodies, associations or local communities? Please disclose any affiliation and say who qualifies. I’m...
  10. F

    Hong Kong 1-bed at HK$9.321m and HK$57,270/month — does the yield hold up?

    I’m considering a Hong Kong 1-bed apartment priced at HK$9,321,000, with expected rent of HK$57,270/month. That gives a headline gross yield around 7.4%, and demand appears solid, but insurance, maintenance and property tax could change the picture. My conservative model already allows for...
  11. F

    Dublin condos at 62 days: active-listing bias or a real shift?

    With only two neighbourhoods, matched comparisons may be better than chasing a bigger citywide sample. Pair similar condos by size, condition and location, then compare asking changes and time on market. A small clean sample can be more useful for an offer decision than a large mixed one.
Back
Top