Recent content by findTheAtlas

  1. F

    How much appraisal-gap risk would you accept near Zurich?

    I would cap it at CHF 44,000 rather than waive the valuation condition entirely. The important detail is whether that amount remains affordable after the deposit, purchase costs and a realistic repair reserve. If it only works by assuming later repair credits, it is already too aggressive. Give...
  2. F

    Valuation check: 95 m² villa in Zurich, asking CHF 686,400 (2 bed)

    CHF 686,400 is the figure I am trying to test for a 95 m², two-bedroom Zurich villa in average condition. It has good light, but the finishes are dated and I may need to carry vacancy costs. My base case assumes no appreciation. There are three active listings that look broadly relevant, yet I...
  3. F

    Zurich serviced 1-bed: do the CHF 721,600 numbers hold up?

    An 8.9% gross yield looks strong, but the CHF 5,378 monthly figure is my main concern. This would be my first serviced-apartment purchase: a one-bedroom in Zurich priced at CHF 721,600. I have budgeted for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger repair, although I may be...
  4. F

    Helsinki building inspection — current availability

    I would also ask applicants to describe the property type and the reason for the inspection. A broad pre-purchase inspection may not answer a concern about one specific defect. The exclusions matter as much as the deliverables, so compare like-for-like scopes rather than fees alone, and confirm...
Back
Top