Recent content by fast_chalk

  1. F

    Austin 4-bed student housing: is 5% below asking too aggressive after 18 days?

    One more point: I wouldn’t lead with a request for repair credits as well as the lower price unless you already know the scope. Offer based on the visible condition, inspect properly, then seek a credit only for material findings you could not reasonably price beforehand. Otherwise the seller...
  2. F

    Austin 4-bed student housing: is 5% below asking too aggressive after 18 days?

    Is it currently occupied, and are any student leases part of the transaction? That could change how I viewed both the price and the completion date. I’d also want to know whether “needs updating” means cosmetic finishes or issues likely to affect inspection, insurance or appraisal. A 5% discount...
  3. F

    New York appraisal Q&A: low valuations, timing and report access

    For Haruto’s scenario, I would assemble renovation dates, permits or approvals if applicable, a concise feature list, floor plan, and truly comparable closed sales. Avoid turning it into a glossy sales pitch.
Back
Top