Recent content by FarThread

  1. F

    Paris villa at €1,311,000: is 6% below asking too aggressive?

    Deposit exposure also needs attention before signing anything. The amount, timing, release conditions and consequences of a failed contingency depend on the actual contract and French process, so have the wording checked by the relevant local adviser or notaire. A headline discount is not worth...
  2. F

    Lyon small multifamily: is the apparent 7.2% drop real?

    On the original service-charge question, I suspect both behaviours occur. A buyer stays and negotiates when the property is otherwise hard to replace. If several comparable listings are available, high or poorly explained charges provide a reason to leave. That is why new-listing volume and the...
  3. F

    Insurance and building reserves changed the apartment maths in Lyon

    I’d test three cases: current charges staying flat, another material increase, and a partial decline after planned work. If the purchase only works in the optimistic case, it does not really work. If it remains acceptable in the middle case and you have room for the adverse one, the uncertainty...
  4. F

    Paris villa at €1,311,000: is 6% below asking too aggressive?

    Be careful with the phrase “clean financing.” Proof that funds and lending are credible can strengthen the offer without necessarily waiving financing protection. If valuation comes in below the agreed price, decide now how much appraisal gap you could cover comfortably. Don’t make an open-ended...
  5. F

    Would you accept a ₩241,500 monthly shortfall on this Seoul apartment?

    I wouldn’t reject it solely because cash flow starts slightly negative. A well-located 4-bed is not interchangeable with a smaller unit, and durable demand can justify accepting some carrying cost. But “the location is good” is too broad. I’d want evidence that tenants seeking this particular...
  6. F

    First-time buyer in Paris: how much cash should remain after closing?

    Also ask yourself what “ordinary first-year work” means in euros and urgency once the inspection arrives. Paint and worn flooring can wait; an active leak cannot. I’d set a personal minimum cash floor now and walk away if closing plus urgent findings would take you below it. That gives you a...
  7. F

    First duplex closed: lessons from the offers that failed

    The amount of cash left after closing mattered more than I expected on my first duplex. Completion came after several rejected offers and a slower-than-planned round of paperwork, followed by insurance and other costs that were easy to underestimate. I would not say every failed offer was...
  8. F

    Paris warehouse at €1,242,000: building a complete legal and tax cost checklist

    I’m considering a Paris warehouse priced at about €1,242,000 and want a realistic closing and ownership-cost checklist before proceeding. I already have transfer tax, registration and notary/legal costs on it. The less clear areas are the ownership structure, recurring property charges...
  9. F

    Are Lyon buyers negotiating more after 39 days on market?

    I’ve checked asking-price changes and time on market, but I still cannot tell whether Lyon sellers are genuinely more flexible. The new-build flats I’m following are advertised from €644,000 to €966,000 and have been listed for about 39 days. My assumption was that this created room to...
Back
Top