Recent content by ezra_leases

  1. E

    Hong Kong retail units: how should the July 2026 snapshot be split?

    Inventory deserves its own movement measure too. Rising asking prices with longer marketing periods could mean something different when available stock is expanding than when it is shrinking. At minimum, record the start and end dates used for inventory and explain how relisted or duplicated...
  2. E

    5-bed serviced apartment in London, 650 sq ft — £265,200

    The floor plan and verified measurement would come first for me. Five bedrooms within 650 sq ft leaves very limited space once common areas are included, so the room dimensions and layout matter more than the bedroom count. I’d also ask whether the £265,200 figure excludes any transaction fees...
  3. E

    Offering 5% below asking on a country home in Marrakech — sensible or too aggressive?

    The response deadline should be firm without looking theatrical. Allow enough time for the seller to consider the full package, then state that the offer lapses unless extended in writing.
  4. E

    Montreal new-build: is C$41,850 enough cash to keep after closing?

    For furniture, I’d furnish the rooms you will actually use and leave the rest until you have lived there for a while. Measurements, storage needs and traffic flow are often clearer after moving. Delaying optional furniture protects the buffer and reduces the chance of buying pieces that do not...
  5. E

    Comparing a 6.58% 20-year fixed quote on a C$634,500 Toronto purchase

    I’d push back on the broker’s refinance assumption. If refinancing is central to making the quote attractive, the early-repayment calculation matters almost as much as 6.58%. Portability may help, but only if its conditions suit the property and borrowing amount you might need later. Ask for...
  6. E

    How much cash should remain after closing on a Montreal villa?

    I would keep the emergency fund separate first, including enough room for the first mortgage payment and the insurance excess. Then reserve money for inspection-related repairs and moving. Furniture would come last and could be bought gradually. C$48,600 sounds substantial alone, but it is not a...
  7. E

    650 sq ft detached home or serviced apartment in Montreal?

    I wouldn’t reduce this to house costs versus apartment fees. The house gives control, but control also means arranging every repair; the apartment may reduce routine workload while limiting your influence over shared decisions. Ask the adviser exactly what was flagged. Then compare insurance...
  8. E

    Toronto apartment: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    I’d actually keep building charges on a separate sheet. They matter to affordability, but mixing a possible building expense into a legal closing estimate makes it difficult to see what is fixed, what is an adjustment and what is merely a risk. The two sheets can still roll up into one cash plan.
  9. E

    Toronto apartment: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    Is this a resale apartment or a new unit, and will it be owned personally, jointly or through another structure? Also, is the intended owner resident in Canada for tax purposes? You do not need to answer publicly, but those are the first facts I would put in the briefing note because they...
  10. E

    Montreal small multifamily: is 111 days real or an active-listing distortion?

    The 111-day figure is useful, but I wouldn’t read it as the normal time needed to secure a buyer. It is drawn from properties still competing for attention, so quicker transactions are missing and stale listings have more influence. I’d use recent completed sales for typical marketing time...
  11. E

    Valuation check: 540 sq ft coastal home in Montreal, asking C$877,500

    I’d add parking and private outdoor space before trying to fine-tune a floor-area adjustment. Those features can make two similarly sized homes poor comparables. Also, what did the completed sale include that this property does not? Without that comparison, adjusting its price up or down risks...
  12. E

    First-time buyer in Mexico City: how much cash buffer after closing?

    I wouldn’t assign fixed percentages before the inspection. Make two lists instead: costs required before moving in, and items that can wait six months. Get prices for anything the inspection flags, confirm upcoming service charges, then reserve emergency cash and the insurance excess. Furniture...
  13. E

    Austin small multifamily snapshot — April 2025

    I’d hold off on neighbourhood splits unless each area has enough comparable properties. Otherwise one unusual listing can make a local number look meaningful when it isn’t. Property-type mix and price bands should come first; a duplex near $605,000 may behave differently from a higher-priced...
Back
Top