Recent content by DirectFlag

  1. D

    Atlanta 4-bed villa at $1.135m: does $3,866 rent leave any real return?

    Is $3,866 based on a signed lease, comparable long-term rentals, or the broker’s projection? Also, are there any association charges attached to the villa? Before choosing a target net yield, it would help to know the financing terms and whether your regulation concern relates to ordinary...
  2. D

    Auckland duplexes: is 116 days online overstating time to sell?

    I wouldn’t assume lease length explains most of the spread until you control for asking-price changes. A motivated seller cutting early may complete sooner than a better property that sits at an ambitious price. Buyer financing could also affect higher-priced duplex deals, but public listing...
  3. D

    Auckland villa purchase: legal and tax costs that are easy to miss

    This is helpful. I had treated transfer tax and a notary as automatic because they appear on my home-country checklist. I’ll replace those assumptions with questions rather than estimated amounts. I also haven’t chosen between personal and entity ownership, so I’ll ask about eligibility first...
  4. D

    Auckland villa purchase: legal and tax costs that are easy to miss

    I want a reliable picture of the total cost of buying the Auckland villa, but my overseas checklist may contain charges that do not apply in New Zealand. The proposed price is about NZ$1,518,000, and I need to establish whether I am eligible to use the intended ownership structure before...
  5. D

    Capping valuation risk on a NZ$1.048m townhouse offer

    Do not assume the inspection will produce repair credits. A seller choosing among competing bids may simply decline them, especially for visible or minor items. Use the inspection condition for defects that would change your decision or budget, not as a plan to recover part of the appraisal gap...
  6. D

    Tenant placement software: what survived the trial

    Agreed, Marco, though I would test more than screen layout. Interrupt the task halfway through, sign in under another permission level and check whether the context survives. The practical question is whether the second person can continue confidently, not merely whether the first person can tap...
  7. D

    Tenant placement software: what survived the trial

    Also, an available API does not automatically mean an open or useful integration. Test one sample applicant from listing import through viewing, documents and transaction update. Then change a key detail midway. Can staff see the change, its origin and any failed transfer, or do they have to...
  8. D

    What should an Auckland warehouse photography quote actually cover?

    I’m looking at services for an Auckland warehouse around NZ$1,774,000 and trying to decide between standalone listing photography and a broader package. Providers use the same label, yet some mention negotiation and document coordination while others finish at image delivery. What should the...
  9. D

    Valuation check: 100 m² detached Auckland home at NZ$2,203,000 after 86 days

    I’d build a small adjustment table rather than force one headline number. Start with the completed sale, record differences for micro-location, tenure and ongoing charges, parking, outdoor space, layout, condition and sale timing. Mark each adjustment as supported, estimated or unknown. For...
  10. D

    Valuing a 165 m² Auckland duplex with only one completed comparable

    I’m not sure micro-location is necessarily the biggest unknown. First establish the tenure and whether there is any remaining lease length to consider. I’d also want the actual service charges, insurance arrangement, parking, and outdoor space. Those could explain why an apparently large 1-bed...
Back
Top