For an existing tenancy, I would start with the permitted British Columbia increase and notice process, not the gap to advertised rent. Market figures may inform your long-term thinking, but they do not necessarily determine what can be charged now. Confirm the current rules and required form...
How narrowly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries? Two retail units at similar prices can face very different foot traffic and competing supply even within Sydney. I’d also separate vacant units from those offered with an existing tenant, otherwise the apparent renovation effect could be...
Price-cut timing matters too. A building reduced after two weeks is not equivalent to one sitting for 70 days before the seller moves. For small multifamily stock in Lyon’s 7th arrondissement, I’d track days to first cut and the size of each later cut. That gives a better indication of seller...
I’m putting together a January 2026 Sydney snapshot for student housing and need to decide whether the current figures are representative enough to retain: 18 days indicative time on market, asking-price movement of +8.5%, and visible financing sensitivity around A$2,037,000.
These are...