My short answer is that 10.8% cannot be interpreted confidently unless the asking and sold figures refer to the same properties. Comparing an average asking price across current listings with an average completed price can mostly reflect a different property mix. Is the 75-day figure based on...
Completed deals should come first. Active listings tell you how old the unsold stock is, not how quickly typical properties sell. Withdrawals matter too, because an overpriced condo can disappear without becoming a completed sale. I’d compare listing date, first price cut and completion date...
That said, waiting for warning signs has a downside: the warning may appear after completion and moving. I wouldn’t let the SAR 52,500 figure anchor the decision, though. A visible issue might call for cleaning, a local repair or more investigation rather than automatic full replacement.
I’d challenge the assumption that a camera inspection settles everything. It can show internal obstruction or visible damage, but a poor access point or dirty line may limit what can be seen. I would first ask the general inspector to test all drains and note slow flow, odours, leaks and signs...
Then don’t assign a detailed repair value yet. What updating does it need, and are there any building-level costs or condition concerns? A seller can dismiss a round discount as bargaining, whereas specific visible items give the offer some basis. Also ask the agent whether there have been...