Also note whether the studios are vacant, occupied or presented with restrictions affecting how a buyer could use them. I wouldn’t assume those details are equivalent across listings. They could alter the buyer pool and viewing interest without having anything to do with insurance.
I’d add a contract-focused question: what happens if the student-housing operator changes, fails to perform or the management arrangement ends? You do not need to predict the outcome, but you should understand who then handles letting, maintenance and shared services, and whether extra owner...
An 8.30% fixed rate for three years is the condition driving this decision on a Berlin purchase of about €598,000. The initial advertised figure did not survive the lender’s fees and the loan-to-value band used for my application.
I want to compare offers over an identical three-year window...
There is also a document-responsibility issue in that scenario. If the lender is waiting for material from the seller or developer side, who should maintain the complete list and confirm what remains missing? Passing messages between several people seems like an easy way for each side to think...
Berlin new-build apartment question: how should a buyer handle a reservation or offer timeline that moves faster than financing? I am less interested in whether the buyer should proceed and more in what should be confirmed before anyone describes the funding as ready. Different participants seem...
Yes, although I would add a caveat: evidence can narrow the discussion without producing one correct price. Two buyers may value the same apartment differently because of financing, renovation tolerance or timing. I would keep the explanation short. A detailed argument about every comparison can...
The surprising part was not having our offer accepted, but seeing how little cash would remain after the purchase. We agreed €966,000 for a 1-bed serviced apartment in Berlin, and that calculation has made every concern about the commute, dated interior and ongoing charges feel more serious.
I...