Agreed on prioritising essentials, though service charges and payment timing still need firm answers. Ask the lender when the first mortgage payment is due and get any recurring property charges in writing before closing. I would keep at least that first payment earmarked separately so moving...
Five percent for furniture may be tight for a 3-bed place if it is mostly empty. But I still wouldn’t increase it upfront. Buy beds, basic seating, lighting and whatever is needed to cook; leave spare bedrooms and decorative purchases until you understand the house’s actual running costs.
Adding the missing part to my question: assume the buyer expects bank financing but is being asked to commit before the lender’s timing is final. Who should coordinate the dates, and how can the buyer avoid mistaking an estimated release for a confirmed one? I would also want a written list of...
For a Manila condo purchase, I would first separate the base price from every other amount and ask which parts are actually negotiable. A headline discount may not tell you much if the payment schedule or inclusions also change. What pricing evidence can a buyer reasonably request, and does your...