Holding the rent for a good tenant is understandable, but I would hesitate to make that the default at every renewal. If the difference between QAR 17,370 and genuinely achievable local rent remains large, repeated freezes may create a much harder adjustment later.
A phased rise is reversible...
And ask how findings must be submitted. A detailed report is less useful if the builder requires defects in a particular format or within a stated timeline. I’d obtain that process before booking anyone, then make sure the inspection date leaves enough time to send the list.
The headline return looked better than I expected: a 1-bed Cairo condo priced at EGP 12,960,000 with projected rent of EGP 78,740 a month produces EGP 944,880 a year, about 7.3% gross. The appeal fades once I start making less friendly assumptions.
I am allowing for empty periods, management...
A sensible compromise may be a focused handover inspection plus your own follow-up near the end of the defect period. At handover, photograph each room and note meter readings, drainage tests, visible gaps, damaged finishes and anything incomplete. Later, compare that record with problems that...
A management charge of about 9% of rent is the number driving this decision. Letting costs and fees for coordinating maintenance would be additional, and I may soon be managing the Cairo property from a distance.
Professional management sounds like the practical answer until I include vacancy...