I don’t think 4.0% gross automatically makes it a bad purchase, but it does mean the case cannot rest on income alone. Price resilience or personal strategic value might matter to the buyer, although neither should be assumed.
Before rejecting it, I’d request firm figures for insurance...
I agree it is worth considering, but I would not treat A$50,160 as the inevitable cost of every defect. First clarify what that estimate covers and whether the private line is entirely your responsibility, particularly near the street boundary. Then use the scope findings to distinguish...
Could the inspection report distinguish urgent, material and routine observations? That would help avoid letting a list of minor studio defects obscure the one supply concern driving the decision.
Would keeping the property as a rental after moving be realistic, or is that only a comforting fallback? Tenant demand may be strong in some locations, but rent is not the same as profit. Vacancy, repairs, insurance, financing constraints and management workload still apply. I would make the...
Before choosing the venue, what size group are you expecting and will attendees pay toward the room? Capacity and cost could narrow the options quickly. Step-free access and a reasonably quiet space should be requirements rather than things checked after booking.
I don’t entirely agree that €20,240 is necessarily too little just because this is a €1.242m property. Stable income and a strong monthly surplus could make it workable; uncertain income or high repayments could make even a larger sum inadequate. Calculate how many months of essential spending...
I’d ring-fence the emergency fund first and treat it as unavailable for furnishing. Then set aside all known near-term payments—moving, insurance, any confirmed service charge and the first mortgage payment—before creating a repairs pot. Furniture would come last. A 4-bed can absorb a lot of...