I’d be a little more cautious about leading at exactly 10% under. With nearby asking prices close to this one and no solid completed comparables, it can look like a percentage chosen first and justified afterwards.
If possible, attach the price to specific updating costs or visible...
C$30,600 divided by C$384,800 is about 7.95%, but that is before every operating expense and before acquisition costs. Build the unlevered net yield first, then run the mortgage separately. Otherwise a favourable loan assumption can hide a mediocre property.
Also confirm who receives the report and whether sharing it with the seller is required if you rely on the condition. That belongs in the contract discussion, not an assumption.
Energy deserves closer attention because square footage alone tells very little. For the multifamily, establish who pays each utility and whether usage can be attributed to individual units. For the studio, find out what is included in shared charges. Compare total annual outlay under the...
Condition can overwhelm the days-on-market figure. A cheaper unit needing substantial work may offer less real value than a better-maintained one at a firmer price. Before choosing an offer level, list the visible work and unresolved service-charge items, then compare the total exposure rather...
To clarify, I also need the checklist to branch according to residency and how title is held; those decisions are not settled yet. I’m trying to separate cash needed for closing from annual costs and later tax exposure rather than force everything into one total.
C$1,357,000 is the figure driving my cash planning for this Toronto apartment. I can separate costs due on purchase from annual ownership expenses, but residency and the way title will be held are still undecided.
I want the estimate to show transfer taxes and registration costs, then identify...