I’m assessing a 5-bed new-build flat in Lisbon, approximately 140 m², asking €823,400. Light and location appear to be its strongest features, while the finishes look dated or at least below what I would expect from the description. Transaction costs would also sit outside my valuation.
I found...
Don’t treat every inspection finding as an immediate repair. Ask for findings to be separated into urgent problems, work that should be monitored, and cosmetic items. A long report can look frightening while containing plenty that can wait. Conversely, one issue with a risk of further damage can...
Is €1,233 an achieved long-term rent for a comparable duplex, or an asking figure? Also, does it include any tenant-paid building charges? A small difference there affects the result more than debating whether the repair reserve should be slightly higher.
I wouldn’t divide the full €19,320 into spending categories yet. First ring-fence an emergency fund based on your essential monthly outgoings, including the mortgage and service charges. Then set aside known moving costs and anything the inspection says cannot wait. Furniture comes last and can...