Recent content by chalk.handy

  1. C

    Mexico City listings: the headline and the street-level picture ...thoughts?

    I partly disagree with dismissing tax so quickly. Even if it is not the main reason a particular unit sells, the full ownership cost can change what buyers are willing to pay. But your sample needs completed prices, not just asking prices, before that theory can be tested. Quick listings may...
  2. C

    Seeking an off-market serviced apartment in Phoenix under $820,000

    I’m looking for a quiet-market serviced apartment in Phoenix with 3 bedrooms and roughly 1,610 sq ft. My ceiling is $820,000. Habitable condition is preferred, even if there is scope for gradual improvement. Owners or authorized representatives can send a short summary initially. Please...
  3. C

    Comparing a 5.66% 15-year fixed quote on a $1.26m New York purchase

    That should make the choice much cleaner. I’d calculate break-even on any upfront fee that buys the lower rate: extra upfront cost divided by the monthly saving gives a rough first pass, while the remaining-balance difference refines it. Compare at a short holding period, a middle case and the...
  4. C

    June 2026: is $1,170,000 reasonable for a Phoenix warehouse?

    The seller is looking for around $1,170,000, and I am hesitant to treat that as reasonable just because waiting may mean losing this warehouse. For June 2026, I have been following properties from $936,000 to $1,404,000 in the two Phoenix neighbourhoods we prefer rather than relying on a...
  5. C

    Austin studios: does the 2.7% movement reflect condition more than demand?

    There’s also an appraisal caveat. Even when a buyer accepts the renovation and energy costs, a financed offer may still be constrained by comparable sales. That can produce a lower agreed price for reasons not captured by the buyer’s preference or the seller’s motivation.
  6. C

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a Sydney studio

    I’d be slightly more cautious than Bianca about assuming retention at any increase. First calculate several outcomes: current rent with no vacancy, a modest rise with the tenant staying, and market rent after vacancy plus refurbishment. Then speak with the tenant before issuing anything formal...
Back
Top