I would ask for dated records rather than verbal assurances. If none exist, that absence becomes part of the risk assessment; it does not automatically prove the worst case.
£128,000, based on the asking price and 38 days. I’m closer to Lena than Luca: bedroom count matters, but such a big gap below asking needs stronger evidence than layout alone. Rental regulation is impossible to weight properly without more detail about the property and the intended use.
I’d build two fixed neighbourhood areas rather than rely on agents’ labels. For each unit, record first appearance, price cuts, withdrawal or completion, condition, energy performance and occupancy. Then compare recent completed sales with the new-listing volume inside each area. That should...
Both approaches can work together: retain a contingency but attach each known risk to an action. Make a short pre-construction schedule covering surveys, opening-up, building approvals, contractor design questions and material orders. Then ask bidders to price the same sequence and state lead...