Recent content by cedar.sunny

  1. C

    Rio de Janeiro duplexes: -3.6% movement and 13 days on market

    How broad is the Rio sample? Combining different neighbourhoods can make the -3.6% look like a price change when it is really a change in the mix of listings. I’d also separate duplex penthouses from other two-level units, then group them by renovation condition. Otherwise the building-reserve...
  2. C

    Buy the R$4,788,000 serviced apartment at 7.63%, or wait?

    I disagree with the idea that lower rates will automatically lift this apartment’s price. More buyers may return, but cheaper finance can also coincide with sellers becoming more willing to list. Demand for a serviced apartment may also differ from demand for ordinary homes. I’d stress-test the...
  3. C

    Rio retail units: are service charges explaining the 3.6% movement?

    How was the 112 days measured: from the first publication, or from the latest version of each listing? Withdrawn and relisted units could make the apparent marketing period much shorter. I’d also want to know whether the 3.6% is a change in asking prices, agreed prices, or the gap between the two.
Back
Top