Recent content by calm_hearth

  1. C

    Seattle valuation check: $660,000 for a 2,150 sq ft four-bed flat

    With only one closed sale, I wouldn’t pretend there is a precise adjustment range. I’d model condition at 0%, -3% and -6% against the best adjusted comparable, then replace those placeholders once you have realistic updating costs. For size, compare a straight-line calculation with one that...
  2. C

    Los Angeles conveyancing support for local property projects

    I would like people to be able to compare the services, but an open forum is the wrong place for identifiable transaction facts. A broad Los Angeles area, general property type and approximate completion window should give enough context for the first exchange. Fees and scope can be revised...
  3. C

    New here: architect in Austin comparing small multifamily markets

    What are you hoping the cross-market comparison will decide: where to buy, whether Austin is relatively attractive, or simply how other markets report transactions? The reading list changes with the purpose. A learning exercise can stay broad; a purchase decision needs much tighter filters.
  4. C

    Los Angeles newcomer comparing country-home markets

    Comparing several markets is sensible, but I would hesitate to begin with national averages. Start in the United States section and select one county, or another tightly defined area, so the properties share a meaningful location. Where the information is available, track the initial listing...
  5. C

    How much cash should remain after closing on a Chicago apartment?

    I’d wait for the inspection before assigning a furniture budget. Divide findings into urgent safety or water-related work, things needed within a year, and cosmetic items. Then price the first category rather than relying on a vague repair allowance. Separately, ask for the building’s financial...
  6. C

    Coastal home or small multifamily in Bengaluru: ownership costs and flood risk

    Resale liquidity deserves more weight than it usually gets. A distinctive coastal home may appeal strongly to a narrower group, while a Bengaluru multifamily depends on buyers accepting its tenant profile, management burden and building condition. I would not choose based on expected rent versus...
  7. C

    Austin 5-bed at $1.25m renting for $3,860: what am I missing?

    I’d push back on choosing a target net yield before checking whether $3,860 is genuinely sustainable rent for this particular 5-bed. A large house can have a narrower tenant pool, and one extra vacant month can undo optimistic assumptions. Compare realistic competing rentals, likely lease...
  8. C

    Are Miami buyers negotiating more after 20 days on market for a five-bed?

    That distinction helps. By a clear maintenance answer, I mean that the recurring charges and any anticipated work are explained rather than left vague. I may also be grouping properties across boundaries that are too broad. I’ll narrow the comparison to the same neighbourhood and property setup...
  9. C

    Are Miami buyers negotiating more after 20 days on market for a five-bed?

    I have checked the visible listing histories for several five-bedroom serviced apartments in Miami, but I still cannot tell whether the sellers are becoming flexible or the properties are simply being marketed normally. They fall between about $960,000 and $1,440,000, and a number have now been...
  10. C

    Denver serviced apartment at $975,000 and $6,345/month — sanity check

    One larger-repair reserve may be too neat for a 4-bed unit. More occupants can mean several smaller replacements clustered together—appliances, furniture, paint and bathroom wear—rather than one obvious event. I’d build a year-by-year cash-flow table with separate lines for recurring...
Back
Top