Recent content by booksAndHill

  1. B

    Seoul student housing: 0.3% dip, 97 days listed and financing pressure

    I’m not convinced financing is necessarily the main driver. Seller motivation can produce the same pattern: a tired property needing work may belong to a seller who must complete quickly, while a renovated one can wait. Compare the first asking price with the final price, not merely the latest...
  2. B

    Delhi small multifamily at ₹78,490,000: how far should I raise a reliable tenant’s rent?

    I agree that asking rent needs testing, but I would not let the fear of turnover justify an indefinitely discounted rent. The gap is substantial enough to discuss openly. If the agreement permits an increase, present the evidence, choose one clear figure between ₹240,100 and ₹290,000, and...
  3. B

    Negotiating on a ₹84,340,000 Delhi listing after 21 days

    Waiting also has a cost if this is genuinely one of the few suitable properties. A practical middle course is to ask three factual questions before naming a number: why the seller is moving, whether any offers have been rejected, and whether there is a preferred completion date. Have your...
  4. B

    Mumbai studio market: 5.6% decline, 14 days listed and condition-related discounts

    Counting every vanished advert as a sale is too optimistic, while dropping all of them would discard useful evidence. Sold, withdrawn and relisted properties need separate labels before the 14-day figure can say much about demand. The harder error to undo is treating listing exposure as...
  5. B

    Price high first, or launch near the likely sale price?

    Also count withdrawn stock. Listings that disappear are not completed sales, and treating them as proof of demand can make an area look stronger than it is. I’d want each agent to separate sold, still active, reduced and withdrawn properties. The 95-day examples matter more if several followed...
  6. B

    ₹3,507,000 cash left after buying a 1-bed Bengaluru townhouse — how should I divide it?

    ₹3,507,000 is only a comfortable reserve if it covers enough months of essential spending after the new mortgage begins. A large cash balance can shrink quickly if income stops just as moving costs and repairs arrive. Work out your monthly essentials under the new budget, then divide the money...
  7. B

    ₹3,507,000 cash left after buying a 1-bed Bengaluru townhouse — how should I divide it?

    I’d protect the emergency fund first, then reserve known costs such as moving, the first mortgage payment and any service charge due soon. Repairs identified by the inspection come next. Furniture would be last because most of it can be bought gradually; a leaking pipe or income interruption...
Back
Top