Recent content by beam.bold

  1. B

    Cairo detached home: structuring a 7% below-asking offer

    The appraisal gap is the part I would resolve before sounding “clean.” If the lender values it below your offer, are you prepared to add cash, renegotiate, or walk away? Put the chosen protection clearly into the offer rather than leaving it implicit. Likewise, the deposit should not become...
  2. B

    Listing agent also wants to represent the buyer—conflict or convenience near Cairo

    I would not proceed on a verbal explanation. Ask for a written description of whom the agent represents, what information cannot be shared, how the fee changes, and whether the same named contact will communicate with both parties. Have an independent Egyptian property lawyer assess that...
  3. B

    Defining a useful renovation planning scope for an Egyptian coastal home

    Before choosing, send every candidate the same one-page request. Ask them to mark each item as included, excluded or separately priced: offer support, document coordination, site attendance, renovation brief, drawings, cost planning, contractor comparisons, approvals coordination, supervision...
  4. B

    Cairo small multifamily cash flow at EGP 12,960,000

    Thanks all. I separated operating cash flow from financing, moved turnover costs out of the general vacancy line, and added a distinct reserve for larger items. The properties still look negative with debt at 6.81%, while reducing debt improves cash flow without making the operating return...
  5. B

    MAD 227,700 left after closing: enough breathing room?

    Also find out how the condo service charges are billed and whether any amount is coming due soon. Check the insurance excess rather than considering only the premium: that is the cash you may need during a claim. Put both dates alongside the mortgage payment and moving date so the first month is...
  6. B

    Cairo small multifamily cash flow at EGP 12,960,000

    I’m deciding whether to pursue a Cairo small multifamily property around EGP 12,960,000 or wait. Every model turns negative once I include vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance and financing at 6.81%. Are buyers adding equity, accepting weak current returns, or negotiating lower prices...
  7. B

    Cairo detached-home snapshot — April 2025

    I wouldn’t discard the snapshot entirely. It can still work as a directional discussion point if every number is marked provisional. However, Cairo-wide detached-home figures could conceal large neighbourhood and price-band differences. The 96-day measure also needs rules for relisted...
  8. B

    Cairo condos after 28 days: ordinary variation or an early shift?

    How reliable is the 28-day figure? Is it measured from the first advertisement, or could withdrawn and relisted stock appear newer than it really is? Also, are these genuinely comparable condos in condition and payment terms? Those two points could explain why listings at similar prices are not...
  9. B

    When should I inspect a new-build 3-bed apartment in Cairo?

    What does your contract say about access before completion and the length of the defect period? That may decide the timing more than preference. Also ask the builder what they mean by an energy label—whether it is a specific document for this apartment or simply a general statement about the...
  10. B

    How should I weigh conflicting tenant-screening signals in Cairo?

    I can favour the applicant with the strongest income, or the one with the best rental references, but neither choice feels sound when the other evidence points elsewhere. This is for a 4-bed condo in Cairo, so I also need to decide whether to assess each person separately or the household as a...
Back
Top