Recent content by bakesAndBeam

  1. B

    What finally completing my first condo purchase taught me

    I slightly disagree that every rejected offer provides useful pricing data. Sometimes it tells you about the seller’s priorities or another buyer’s terms, not the wider local market. The useful part is identifying why an offer lost, if that information is available, instead of automatically...
  2. B

    Offering 5% below asking on a mixed-use building in Sydney

    A 5% reduction is A$68,000, so I would offer A$1,292,000 without writing an essay defending every dollar. Say it reflects the updating required and the limited completed-comparable evidence, then emphasise proof of financing and the flexible completion date. I would keep inspection and...
  3. B

    Melbourne 4-bed condo at A$1.786m and A$10,190 monthly rent — what am I missing?

    I’d focus first on owners corporation costs rather than ordinary maintenance. The current annual fee matters, but so does the possibility of major shared-building work or a special levy. Check what insurance is included there and what landlord cover you would still need separately. I’d calculate...
Back
Top