Insurance and property tax deserve actual property-specific figures rather than broad estimates. At a 4.2% gross yield, even a modest error in either can noticeably alter the result. I’d also ask whether there are any association dues or restrictions attached to the villa.
Who pays the heating...
Also compare the cash position month by month. Confirm with the lender when the first mortgage payment is due rather than assuming the timing, and obtain the actual insurance premium and deductible figures. Keep the emergency fund liquid; planned furniture purchases or decorating should not...
Keeping money available after closing was the practical constraint I underestimated. I have now closed on my first Denver studio, but it took multiple bids and a drawn-out document stage to get there.
The final stretch taught me to separate cash needed for the transaction from moving money and...
I’d be cautious about calling a property tax issue an inspection finding. If the contingency is narrowly drafted around the home’s condition, it may not protect that discovery at all.
Rather than arguing over the “spirit,” put the choices in writing before the deadline: proceed as-is, request a...