I’m less convinced property tax is automatically the biggest threat. One extra vacancy period, tenant placement costs and work between tenancies could hurt more, particularly with a 1-bed property at that rent level.
Is this an all-cash purchase or financed? If financed, test the cash flow...
SEK 197,600 sounds like a useful cushion, but I am concerned it could disappear quickly once the purchase completes. The property is a 5-bed condo in Stockholm priced at about SEK 2,236,000, and that is the amount I expect to retain after paying the deposit and purchase costs.
The inspection...
There is also a sequencing trap here. Electrical checks should happen before walls are closed and painting begins; plumbing access needs resolving before bathroom and kitchen finishes; flooring should not be scheduled while moisture-producing or messy work is still under way. Ask for a...
I wouldn’t dismiss APR so quickly. A homemade three-year total can accidentally omit a compulsory fee or treat payment dates differently. Use APR to identify inconsistencies, then calculate your own three-year cash total. If the two comparisons point to different lenders, that is a reason to ask...
One missing detail: are these all within the same neighbourhood boundaries and in comparable condition? “Student housing” can cover properties with very different buyer pools. New-listing volume matters too—if several similar properties arrived recently, the current 100-day figure may reflect...
The active listings alone will naturally make the market look slower because the quicker deals have already disappeared. I’d separate completed sales, withdrawals and still-active properties, then record the original asking price and when any cut occurred. A listing that sells after 100 days is...