Recent content by aisha.ridge

  1. A

    Toronto mixed-use property or duplex: what am I underestimating?

    I’d challenge the idea that the mixed-use choice is automatically simpler. Physical work may be shared, but meetings, approvals and disagreements over reserves can become their own management burden. A small duplex can be operationally straightforward if its major components are in sound condition.
  2. A

    First-time buyer in Auckland: is NZ$14,850 enough cash after closing?

    I wouldn’t decide from the cash figure alone. Income stability, access to other funds and the inspection findings all change the picture. That said, relying on future income to solve an immediate leak or failed appliance is risky. Work out what portion of the NZ$14,850 is already spoken for...
  3. A

    C$776 monthly shortfall on a Toronto 2-bed: calculated risk or appreciation bet?

    At C$776 negative, I’d pass unless there is a specific, supportable reason the current income understates the property’s potential. “Toronto should rise eventually” isn’t enough. First confirm that your shortfall includes vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance and property tax. If any are...
Back
Top